OpenTargets install with conda?

I’m having trouble installing opentargets with conda, when i create new conda env with either python 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 on either linux or mac, on three different computers, I get:

(py38) computer:~$ conda install -c bioconda opentargets

Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done

Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.

Solving environment: failed with repodata from current_repodata.json, will retry with next repodata source.

Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done

Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.

Solving environment: /

Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.

This can take several minutes. Press CTRL-C to abort.

failed

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be incompatible with each other:

Output in format: Requested package → Available versionsThe following specifications were found to be incompatible with your system:

• feature:/linux-64::__glibc==2.27=0

• feature:|@/linux-64::__glibc==2.27=0

Your installed version is: 2.27

…is this a common issue? could you suggest a solution please?

Hi @evad

Oh No! :scream_cat: So sorry to hear that! The Python package we built to retrieve OpenTarget Platform’s REST API is no longer maintained. We have archived the repository, removed the package from PyPi, but it seems we have forgotten to do the same with the conda distribution. We’ll definitely take action.

This retirement is mandatory given the entire REST API, that was working underneath the Python library, got retired as the Platform infrastructure is moved to GrahQL API. Due to differences how the queries are built in a GraphQL vs REST API, there’s no point for us to provide a similar tool on top of the current API. However we are more than happy to help you to write your queries in case the documentation is not providing enough information.

Thank you so much again to bringing this orphaned package to our attention!

Best,
Daniel