Druggability for given target

Dear Team,

EBI-EBML has a measurement on druggability for given target. I am wondering whether this metric has been implemented in OT platform?

Druggability is a term used in drug discovery to describe a biological target (such as a protein) that is known to or is predicted to bind with high affinity to a drug.

Druggability - Wikipedia.

Thanks.

Shicheng

1 Like

I am also looking forward to such an implementation. DGIdb might be a possible alternative, though.

Hi @Shicheng_Guo and @jasperhyp,

our tractability pipeline does implement druggability assessments. The druggability assessment developed within EMBL-EBI you mention is also known as drugEBIlity and ranges from 0 to 1.

• when a target is marked as High Quality Pocket this means that its DrugEBIlity score is above 0.7.
  • when a target is marked as Med Quality Pocket this means that its DrugEBIlity score is between 0 and 0.7
  • when a target is marked as being part of the Druggable Family, this means that the target is considered druggable as per Finan et al’s Druggable Genome pipeline.

I hope this is clearer now. I agree that these definitions are not explicit enough, so we will expand this part of the documentation. Do you see the need to also include the definitions on the page as well - perhaps in the form of a tooltip?

Thank you for your question!
Best,
Irene

2 Likes

Thanks for your response, @irene ! It’s very helpful. I agree that the definitions could be made more helpful. Please also consider to improve the formulas of the association scores calculation, espeially the harmonic sum in drugs-based records (my other question on this is here).

when a target is marked as being part of the Druggable Family , this means that the target is considered druggable as per Finan et al ’s Druggable Genome pipeline.

I seem to find a discrepancy in terms of “Druggability Family” and DGIdb, both citing Finan et al. If you search for TSLP in OT, it does not belong to a Druggable Family in the Tractability section (thought it has Advanced Clinical ticked). However, DGIdb classify it as part of the Druggable Genome. I’ve attached two screenshots below. Thanks for your attention!

1 Like