Ensembl id mismatch

I recently downloaded the latest tractability dataset from the FTP site (dated 15/02/2023), having used previous versions of this file, and I noticed that in this newer version there appear to be a few errors in the Ensembl Id to gene symbol mappings.

Here is one example:

Sept 2022 version:

ENSG00000144029 MRPS5 P82675 RT05_HUMAN 28S ribosomal protein S5, mitochondrial (MRP-S5) (S5mt) (Mitochondrial small ribosomal subunit protein uS5m)

Open Targets Platform (id is still correct but has no tractability data on the platform)

Feb 2023 version:

ENSG00000289685 MRPS5 P82675 RT05_HUMAN 28S ribosomal protein S5, mitochondrial (MRP-S5) (S5mt) (Mitochondrial small ribosomal subunit protein uS5m)

(Open Targets Platform) (novel protein, has the tractability data)

I also have a list of around 40 other suspect Ensembl ids that have gone missing between versions, but I haven’t manually checked them all.

Hi! Welcome to the OpenTarget community forum. You are right, this behaviour is indeed unexpected and incorrect. This issue is being resolved in the upcoming Platform release expected within a few weeks. Please keep reporting inconsistencies or other issues you may find.

Best,
Daniel

That’s good to hear, thank you. I’ll keep an eye out for the new release.