Aging-associated genes compiled from literature

Hello Community,

I have a question regarding the aging-associated genes compiled from the literature. Apparently, the selection criterion is the co-occurrence of genes with AGS cells. How does that relate to aging/longevity as these are Gastric Cancer genes specifically?

Thank you,
Farzaneh

1 Like

Interesting finding. How ā€œaging-associated genes compiled from the literatureā€ is performed?

Hi @Farzaneh_Nasirian, and welcome to the Open Targets Community! :tada:

Please can you tell me where you found the list of aging-associated genes?

Helena

1 Like

Hello Shicheng_Guo and hcornu

Open Targets Platform includes target associations for GO_0007568 (Aging: The gradual irreversible changes in structure and function of an organism that occur as a result of the passage of time). The genetic and known-drug associations relate to DNA methylation and aging interventions in clinical trials. So, they make sense. But, the literature-driven associates are gastric cancer genes based on the provided PMC evidence.

1 Like

I think the term ā€œAGsā€ (aging-genes) is used for data curation, but there is a cell line with the same abbreviation that messed up the results. If that is the case, alternative keywords could be longevity, rejuvenation, life extension, and lifespan.

1 Like

Thanks @Farzaneh_Nasirian, I understand now :smiley:

You are right, the pipeline should not be picking up these genes. Well spotted, and thanks for flagging this to us!

I have submitted an issue (#2617), and will let you know what the outcome is.

1 Like