Cannot download associations data on webpage - keeps loading

Hi, Thanks for curating this wonderful dataset. However, when I want to download the json or tsv from a random webpage containing targets of a disease, for example Open Targets Platform, it keeps loading after I clicked “json” or “tsv”. Is there somewhere else that I can download the exact scores of every associated target across all associations of a disease? Thanks!

Actually, I can download records with ~hundred rows (by applying Evidence-specific filters). Have changed browser & network provider and asked some friend to help, but none worked for the complete (~1600 targets) set.

Hi @jasperhyp,

Thank you for reporting this issue! Indeed, your observations were right, it’s a bug in our system. We have opened a ticket and we’ll urgently investigate the background of the issue.

Depending on the underlying cause, the fix might not be out till the next release, which is due by the end of June, but that’s most likely the worst case scenario. We’ll keep updating this thread once we know more.

Best,
Daniel

1 Like

Hello Community!

We have been getting reports that users are unable to download some associations tables as JSON or TSV files.

This is due to issues with the subcellularLocation field in our Uniprot input files. We have fixed the problem but this will not be reflected in the web application until our next release.

Find out more in our GitHub thread for this issue.

In the meantime, please check out our other data access options.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

1 Like

Hello Community!

This issue has been resolved in our latest release, out today! Please let us know if you are still experiencing errors.

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for an excellent resource!
I noticed that not all column were populated when I download ChEMBL association data as TSV or JSON (Targets, MoA and Source were empty despite containing data on the web page).
When I try to download Europe PMC association data as TSV or JSON, I don’t get anything.

Hi @tul, and welcome to the Open Targets Community! :tada:

Thank you for reporting this. I have created a GitHub ticket for the team to investigate, and will let you know what they find.